Pembroke Regional Hospital
Pembroke Hospital was built in 1878 by the Grey Sisters; the Hospital was designed to meet the needs of the growing community. With more than 400 stalls over 3 sites, this regional hospital supports nearly 100,000 visits per year.
SP+ coordinated the selection, purchase, and installation of a pay-on-foot system, always making sure that parking customers were comfortable with the conversion from manual to automated operation. Enhanced signage was also installed to help customers navigate through the facility. The equipment installation was completed on time, within budget and without adversely affecting customer service.
As a result of SP+’s initiatives, annual payroll, and fringe benefit costs were reduced by more than $45,000, and the average revenue rose by more than 30%. Revenues from the introduction of paid parking and the subsequent automation has helped contribute to the development of a new complex supporting family health. The parking operation’s improved cash flow played an important role in generating an enhanced return on their investment.